Setting up your Shopify Store and providing different options for sizes and/or material specifications.
Important: These steps should be followed once the store owner determines that they want to create variants for products of their store.
You would like to offer your pieces and provide different options for one piece, like size or material. To add those options, follow these steps.
- Select the product you would like to create variants for by clicking on 'Add variant' in the products list.
- The variant is created by choosing options for the material, plating, polish or assembly options.
- Once you have created your variant, click on the 'Products' item in the left navigation bar of the Shopify app.
- Click on any product where you have added a variant, you will then be redirected to a product page. You will be able to edit your products here.
- Once on the product page, go to the Variant section and scroll down until you find the list of all the variants you have created.
- First on the list, you will see a 'Default' variant. To make edits, click on the 'More options' dropdown in the upper-right corner of this section and click 'edit options'.
- On the Edit options pop-up edit the field named 'Title', you can rename this to represent the variant.
- Click on 'Add another option', add a new field called 'Quantity. This will specify the quantity for a product or variant during checkout.
- Leave the other fields as they are and Click 'Save.'
Your variants can be for various sizes, material options or assembly preferences